Friday, March 22, 2013

Plus (Four)

Everything Falls Apart


Well, my Lenten observation crashed and burned in the past 10 days. I'm still trying to figure out exactly why. You know those weeks when life seems to be on top of you, instead of the other way around? I had one of those. And then I had another. 

Lack of sleep. Stress at work. Conflicts to resolve. Teething and viruses while adjusting to daylight savings time. (Have mercy.) Laundry piling up. I'm not sure why I can sometimes navigate those things and sometimes I can't. But this time I couldn't.

How to describe it??

I was back in my pre-Lent no-time-to-read mode. But more than that, my brain seemed to be covered in duck tape. So even if I found 20 minutes in which I could read Scripture, it just felt like nothing was going to register anyway. So, with only one or two exceptions, I just didn't. 

I'm still not sure what to do with that, really. Should I push through it and read anyway, even if nothing is registering? Or just wait it out? Thankfully, I don't struggle too much with feeling guilty about it. But I really just hate times like that, for so many reasons. 

Thankfully, I feel like I'm finally coming out of it, and after I finish writing, I'm going to do some reading tonight. 

How do you react when life tries to crowd out time with God?



3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Lindy, for your very timely Lenten posts. Your words have stirred up something in me, a desire to read more of the Word in one sitting instead of a passage or two in very isolated chunks.

    Keep on, friend. God is blessing you- and me!- through His Word in your heart.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sarah, that's about the best compliment I could receive. May God give you life and joy and delight through his Word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace. Remembering that God loves me, even when I fail. And trying to remember if I am living in His grace, than I need to learn to be more gracious to myself. I am in the same boat of being 2 weeks behind on my reading due to 4 weeks of illness in our house. Thinking about pulling out my audio Bible and listening to it while I work on other projects to get caught up. :o). Love you.

    ReplyDelete