Thursday, February 4, 2010

Six Month Portraits


I was late taking these and I'm even later posting, but Lorien's six-month pics are some of my favorites yet.

At six months, she can roll over in both directions, but she's not interested in doing it very often. She is much better at sitting up, and can do so pretty stably, although we watch her pretty carefully if she's on a hard surface, because she still wipes out at times. She started solid foods just a week or so before hitting six months. It took her about 3 weeks to really get the hang of eating from the spoon. She is sooooo smiley and verbal. I love to hear all of her little noises. She's had a couple of days lately of really testing out the old vocal cords. She definitely gets her volume from me. :)

Funny things she does: pants like a dog when she's happy or excited, blows raspberries, wags her head back and forth really fast as if she's saying "no." (Thankfully, she hasn't actually learned to say "no" yet.)

She goes to be between 7:30 and 8. I feed her before I go to bed at 10:30, and then she sleeps until about 6 (7 on good days; 5 on not-so-good days). On the other hand, she is a very random napper during the day. Not a bad napper--just random. She needs about 4-5 hours of naps total, but you never know if a given nap is going to be 45 minutes or 2.5 hours. I suppose if that's my biggest complaint, I am pretty blessed.

One other thing: I was very much looking forward to her half birthday because our pediatrician had told us that most newborns who have a sensitivity to dairy grow out of it by six months. So, after 4.5 months with precious little cheese, cream, ice cream, sour cream, etc., I started slowly adding those things back into my diet. The good news is that the painful gas she had as a newborn when she ate dairy did not come back. I was starting to think I was in the clear. But then the diaper rash came back with a vengeance. To the point where she had open sores on her bottom. I quit the dairy again on Monday and three days later, the diaper rash is fading fast. I guess that means I will be foregoing dairy for another six months or so until she's done nursing. Oh well!

OK, enough of my can't-eat-ice-cream pity party and on to the photos. Can't get enough of this girl!








No comments:

Post a Comment